- Points Possible100
- Dispute Resolution
In this assessment we will be examining the 2012 Chicago Teachers Union Strike and some of the dispute resolution strategies that were involved.
Become familiar with the case, read the following news reports:
“Wins, losses and draws in Chicago school strike”
- Reference: Pearson, M. (2012, September 19). Wins, losses, and draws in Chicago school strike. Retrieved from: http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/19/us/illinois-chicago-teachers-strike/
- “What Happened With the Chicago Teacher Strike, Explained“
- Reference: Liebelson, D.(2012, September 11). What happened with the Chicago teacher strike, explained. Retrieved from: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/teachers-strike-chicago-explained
- “How Rahm Emanuel handled the Chicago teachers strike“
- Reference: McGregor, J. (2012, September 19). HowRahm Emanuel handled the Chicago teachers strike. Retrieved from: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-leadership/how-rahm-emanuel-handled-the-chicago-teachers-strike/2012/09/19/e92f50ec-0273-11e2-91e7-2962c74e7738_story.html?utm_term=.298881ce33b9
- Now review a synopsis of the strike from Harvard Business review, including information on Conflict Management processes and negotiating techniques:
“The Chicago Teachers Union Strike and Dispute Resolution Strategies“- http://www.pon.harvard.edu/daily/dispute-resolution/dispute-resolution-and-the-chicago-teachers-union-strike/
- Reference: Pon Staff. (2016, October 18).The Chicago teachers union strike and dispute resolution strategies [Blog post]. Retrieved from: http://www.pon.harvard.edu/daily/dispute-resolution/dispute-resolution-and-the-chicago-teachers-union-strike/
- Briefly describe the situation that precipitated this strike.
- Describe the methods that could have been used to prevent this strike comma but also explain why they may not have been used.
- Describe the negotiation tactics used by both parties.
- In your opinion, how effective were these tactics?
- If you were in the cities place, what would you have done differently or the same in this negotiation?
Your paper should be about 2 to 3 double-spaced pages in APA format (excluding title page and reference page). Remember to give credit to all sources using APA 6 format.
1. Accurate description and reference of all concepts and theories used in completing your paper.
2. Practical examples of concepts that lead to continuing interest in the topic.
3. Synthesis of concepts and theories from other course activities.
4. Well-organized, clearly presented work (free from excessive spelling and grammatical errors).
5. Properly cited sources using APA 6th edition.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.