The outline must include a thesis statement, the research topic(s) being addressed, how much space will be allotted for each section of the paper, and a preliminary reference list of at least 10 sources (all of which must be less than 10 years old).
What to consider in the Outline:
1. What is the topic?
2. Why is it significant?
3. What background material is relevant?
4. What is my thesis or purpose statement?
5. What organizational plan will best support my purpose?
6. How much space is estimated per section?
The Research Topic Chosen is Adult Learning Theories
TUTOR will DO the following;
I) PROVIDE A VERY STRONG THESIS STATEMENT
III) WHAT ARE ADULT LEARNING THEORIES?
IV) BACKGROUND/ HISTORY OFADULT LEARNING THEORIES
V) WHY DO THEY MATTER/ WHY ARE THEY IMPORTANT?
VI) CITE 10 REFERENCES ( MAKE SURE YOU ADD A REFERENCE PAGE AND INCLUDE CITATIONS FOR EVERYTHING YOU USE. YOU CAN USE THE REFERENCES FROM THE ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY I DID LAST WEEK,I WILL ATTACH THAT PART LATER, FOR THE TUTOR WHO TAKES IT OR ADD NEW ONES AS WELL IF YOU NEED TO. BUT IT HAS TO BE FROM SOURCES LESS THAN 10 YEARS OLD!!!! )
· Times New Roman, 12-point font
· Left-justified only with 1 1/2 inch margins on the left side
· One-inch margins on the top, right, and bottom
· Current APA format
· Use block quotations for more than 40 words:
· Single-spaced with a double space separating quotes
· Indented 5 spaces from left margin
· No quotation marks
· Reference page in current APA format including active URL links (not included in page total)
· Single-space between references and double-space within the reference
· A title page that includes:
· Running head and page number (right aligned)
· Course number and name
· Case name
· Group # and all group member names
· Date submitted
· “Respectfully submitted to: (Instructor’s Name)”
Full Sentence Outline:
The full sentence outline format is essentially the same as the alphanumeric outline. The main difference (as the title suggests) is that full sentences are required at each level of the outline. This outline is most often used when preparing a traditional essay.
Example of the Full Sentence Outline Structure:
Question(s)/Issues Begin Addressed:
I. Man-made pollution is the primary cause of global warming.
A. Greenhouse gas emissions are widely identified by the scientific community to be harmful (Smith, 2014).
1. The burning of coal and fossil fuels are the primary releasers of hazardous greenhouse gases.
Full sentence outlines are often accompanied with an APA reference list on a separate page. Quotes within the outline must also utilize in-text citations in current APA format.
1. Belcher, W. L. Week 6: Strengthening your structure. In Writing your journal article in 12 weeks (pp. 171–188). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. ISBN: 9781412957014.
2. OWL @ Purdue: Types of Outlines and Samples
3. Purdue OWL – Four Main Components for Effective Outlines
4. WriteExpress – Writing an Effective Outline
5. University at Albany – How to Write an Outline